The Councillor for Employment and Local Development, Jose Lopez, inaugurated the course called "Training for pesticide treatment plant."
The City of Alhama de Murcia, through the Department of Employment and Local Development works with BDA in the organization and conduct of basic level course, which will last for 30 hours and will be held at the Centre for Education & Employment 18'30 after hours from 26 January to 5 February.
On 6 February in time between 9 and 14 hours will develop the practical part in the Integrated Center for Agricultural Training and Experience Lorca.
This course aimed at people who perform treatments on their own farm land directly, without using auxiliary and using pesticides or generate gases are not classified as toxic or very toxic.
With this training activity the aim is that students acquire sufficient skill levels in the plant pesticide application that allows you to:
Make proper use, storage and handling and proper application of plant protection products and their packaging as well as machinery and equipment.
Awareness in such important areas as the prevention of occupational hazards, health and safety or occupational health, as opposed to other productive sectors such as industry and construction where these aspects are much more social relevance.
Recognize the application of first aid.
Have information about the legislation.
The contents of this course are:
average control methods health defense
- Plant protection products: description and overall.
- Danger of pesticides and their residues
- Risks arising from the use of pesticides.
- Poison and other defects on health, first aid.
- Treatment plant.
- Cleaning, maintenance, regulation and overhaul of equipment
- Operator exposure level: preventive measures
- Work-health: policy on the prevention of occupational hazards.
- Good environmental practices.
- Environmental protection and disposal of empty containers.
- Principles of traceability
- Good practice in plant protection.: Interpretation of MSDS labeling
- Practical application of pesticides.
Source: Ayuntamiento de Alhama de Murcia