murcia

Portal de Alhama de Murcia

www.portaldealhama.com

Alhama de Murcia - SpanishAlhama de Murcia - English
detail of Alhama de Murcia

 

The request for the definitive restoration of the Castle, under study in the Ministry (05/09/2018)

The mayor of Alhama de Murcia, Mariola Guevara, and the councilor of Finance, Felipe García, traveled to Madrid on Tuesday to see first-hand the state of two local issues that depend on the ministries.

First, they visited the Treasury, before the proximity of preparing the municipal budget for 2019, with the objective of exchanging information with technicians on the calculation of the expenditure rule, regulated by the Organic Law of Budgetary Stability and Financial Sustainability, which affects the city councils and with which Alhama has repeatedly expressed his disagreement, to study the possibilities of a regulatory change.

Those responsible for the area will keep municipal representatives informed of any developments in this regard.

After this meeting, they went to the Ministry of Development to be interested in the situation of Alhama's request of 1.5% Cultural to finance the project of the final settlement of the Castle.

The technician in charge of the area told them that the file is still under revision and assessment, and that by November it would be resolved.

This year there have been fewer projects than in 2017, below 500. From Promotion, and according to the procedure, will inform the City if any requirement in the documentation is missing, establishing a deadline of 10 days to correct it.

"Hopefully this year we can get it and finally see our Castle finished," says Guevara.

It is necessary to remember that the Castle of Alhama already obtained a subsidy of 900,000 in 2008 for the first phase of restoration, with a charge of 1% Cultural at that time.

Now, the Consistory alhameño requests a total of 1,666,484.02 euros, of which the Ministry would put 1,166,538.01 euros (70%) and the City finances 499,945.21 euros (the remaining 30%).

This work would allow the rehabilitation of the lower enclosure of the Castle: walls, towers and interior space, adapting it for the conservation and maintenance of the monument and its delivery for public use.

The trip has meant a total cost for the municipal coffers of 43.20 euros.

Source: Ayuntamiento de Alhama de Murcia

Notice
UNE-EN ISO 9001:2000 - ER-0131/2006 © 2018 Alamo Networks S.L. - C/Alamo 8, 30850 Totana (Murcia) Privacy policy - Legal notice Región de Murcia
Este sitio web utiliza cookies para facilitar y mejorar la navegación. Si continúas navegando, consideramos que aceptas su uso. Más información